Tomorrow Canada Blooms, the annual gardening extravaganza, kicks off at the Direct Energy Centre in Toronto. Last week I put together a little preview of what I’m excited to see though realistically I’m excited to see it all.
Tomorrow morning I will be there bright and early to take it all in. I put together a quick little list of what you should bring/wear so that you have the best possible time:
- A notebook and pen: You will gain countless ideas and tips that you can apply to your own gardens. Best to write them down. I do!
- A camera: Again, you’ll be brimming with ideas as you stroll through the stunning displays. You’ll want to visually capture some of that inspiration for your garden journal. Also you never know who you’ll run into! Martha Stewart took a stroll through last year’s show.
- Comfortable walking shoes: You’ll be walking on concrete for x number of hours. I speak from experience when I say “wear sneakers.”
- A watch: You don’t want to miss any interesting seminars or presentations.
- Cash: The shopping is pretty irresistible. You can buy everything from exotic plants to organic seeds to rain boots to magazine subscriptions (like to Canadian Gardening, wink wink).
- Reusable shopping bags: For your loot. Some people even bring those little bags on wheels.
- Also, empty your purse of non-essentials. There is nothing worse than lugging around a ton of bricks for five hours.
No related posts.