Project tips for mosaics
- This mosaic technique also works on tabletops. Be sure to find a base that will stand up to the outdoors, such as marine plywood or metal.
- Not all cement-based adhesives are effective on wood, so prime the surface first. For indoor projects you can use non-water-soluble craft glue.
- Don't pour mortar or grout down the drain. Wait a day or two until it separates, then pour the liquid down the drain and put the solids into the garbage.
- Never mosaic the edge of a project, such as a table, that will get moved around often. The mortared pieces may shift or come off if handled too much.
- If desired, apply a couple of coats of tile sealer for extra protection.