Design & Decor - Design Ideas
11 garden design lessons from Grenada
Apply these lessons from the tropics to your north-of-the-border garden.
Lesson 4: Give your garden structure with straight lines
In a garden, straight lines draw your eye from one end to the other. Whether the line takes the form of a walkway or a clipped hedge, it impacts the flow of the garden. Here, a manicured hedge clearly defines the area and gives structure to the space.
- Page 1: Lesson 1: Frame a view with plants
- Page 2: Lesson 2: Camouflage a stone wall
- Page 3: Lesson 3: Create visual appeal with orb-shaped shrubs
- Page 4: Lesson 4: Give your garden structure with straight lines
- Page 5: Lesson 5: Inject colour with objects
- Page 6: Lesson 6: Layer beds with texture, colour and height
- Page 7: Lesson 7: Add tranquility with water
- Page 8: Lesson 8: Edge borders with mulch
- Page 9: Lesson 9: Create an illusion with grassy mounds
- Page 10: Lessons 10 and 11: Underplant with blooms and add a tree stump to a bed