Yellow: The sunshine shade
You either love it or hate it, but yellow says “imagination,” “optimism” and “friendship” just as easily as it says “coward!” “slow down!!” or “taxi!!!” Whether you picture a canary, submarine or telephone directory, yellow is an iconic statement that leaves a lasting impression. In the garden, bright yellows are striking and stimulating while creamy yellows are calming and cheerful. Yellows stand out in the shade and shine in the sun. Whether mellow or mighty, yellows pair well with other colours and seem to fill more space in a sprawling garden, creating an illusion of intimacy—imagine that!
Say yes to yellow!
* The best spring yellow plants
* Leopard’s bane (Doronicum orientale)
* ‘The Rocket’ ligularia (Ligularia ‘The Rocket’)
* Tickseed (Coreopsis lanceolata)
* Autumn Sun rudbeckia (Rudbeckia laciniata ‘Herbstsonne’)