Easy flower arrangements start with the simplest of blooms
The right container elevates a display from plain to perfect:
- Finding your blossoms' perfect partner doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. For a small single bud, add a whimsical touch by going through your kitchen cupboards—a pretty china teacup, sugar bowl, egg cup or even the mortar from a mortar and pestle duo will do.
- To highlight the fluidity of a climber or multi-blooming stem, place it in an antique jug. This string of sweet peas (top left) flows like milk from this country style pitcher.
- A vintage perfume bottle (cleaned with bleach and rinsed thoroughly) is a whimsical homage to a sweetly scented bloom.
- Terrines or candy dishes filled with exuberant blooms offer an indulgence for the eyes rather than the palate.
- A classic favourite: antique glass preserve jars are inexpensive and easy to find. They give a fresh, nostalgic feel to floral arrangements.
Read more in Design & Decor and Flower Arranging