- 5 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 small leeks, white and pale
- green parts only
- ½ lb asparagus
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp chopped lemon thyme
- 1 free-range organic egg
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. On a clean, dry surface, lay out one sheet of phyllo pastry. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with some of the cheese.
2. Top with another sheet of phyllo pastry and more cheese; repeat layering with all five layers of phyllo. With a sharp knife, cut the stack of phyllo slices into four pieces.
3. Snuggle the phyllo quarters into four single-serve casserole dishes (about 1½ cups capacity) and refrigerate until ready to fill.
4. To make the filling, slice the leeks into ¼" rings, wash well and drain. Slice the asparagus diagonally into 1½" pieces.
5. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the leeks and asparagus, cooking until tender crisp, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, stir together the cheeses, crème fraîche, lemon thyme and egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Spoon the filling into the prepared pastry shells and place the asparagus and leeks on top. Place dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool.