- 2 tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon and chives
- 1 white anchovy fillet in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 spring onion or scallion, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2 Adjust the seasoning to taste.
3 Serve with a shellfish and lettuce salad.
Makes approx. 1 cup
Excerpted from The Perfectly Dressed Salad by Louise Pickford, Copyright © 2014 Ryland Peters & Small. Photography Copyright © 2014 Ian Wallace. Excerpted by permission of Ryland Peters & Small, England. All rights reserved.