Chocolate chip cookies
(makes 3 dozen)
I like the combination of chocolate and orange. If you prefer more traditional chocolate chip cookies, substitute milk for the orange juice and vanilla for the orange extract. These cookies are meant to be slightly soft.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light, mild honey
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) fresh or frozen orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) pure orange extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) whole wheat or white flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a large bowl, cream butter and honey until smooth. Beat in orange juice and extract. Beat in egg.
2 In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to honey/butter mixture along with pecans and chocolate chips.
3 Place teaspoonfuls of batter on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.