Kale is loaded with a host of key nutrients and a delicious, earthy taste. When blended with sweet pineapple, banana and almond milk, it’s pure bliss. Flaxseed adds a healthy dose of fibre, which aids digestion and is good for the heart.
- 1 tbsp golden flaxseed
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple, plus reserved juice
- 1 banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Grind the flaxseed using a spice or coffee grinder.
2. Combine the ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
Per serving: 27 calories, 3 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 24 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 3 g protein, 92 mg sodium.