Herbed Canadian Summer Fruit Salad
Makes 4 servings
This recipe is very flexible. Use some or all of the fruits below in any combination you like. You want between 5 and 6 cups of fruit.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp basil (lettuce leaf, lemon or lime basil are good), minced
- 1 tbsp mint (minced)
- 1 tbsp lemon verbena (optional)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur (optional)
- 2 tbsp sugar or maple syrup to taste (optional)
Toss the fruit with the herbs in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the orange juice and liqueur (if using). Toss to coat the berries evenly and taste before adjusting sweetness. Depending on the fruit, additional sugar may or may not be needed. Chill until ready to eat. Serve as is, with slightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.