A cousin of the carrot, the humble parsnip was, at one time, an extremely popular dish. The arrival of the potato, however, knocked this root vegetable off the everyday plate and onto the holiday plate, where it remains a popular dish at Christmas.
Not sure how to bring parnsips back into your diet? We've collected nine delicious recipes from CanadianLiving.com, from stews and soups to roasts and chicken dishes, to help you eat parsnips all year round!
- Middle Eastern spiced carrots and parsnips
- Sweet potato and pork pie
- Chicken crumble
- Old-fashioned beef stew with winter vegetables
- Celery root soup with parsnip chips
- Potage Paysanne
- Red wine and rosemary pot roast
- Roasted fall vegetables
- Roasted parsnip soup