Spinach and feta cheese bake
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup minced shallot
- 1¼ cups baby spinach
- 2 lb fresh ricotta cheese
- 6 free-range organic eggs
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels cut from the cob (about 4 cobs)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and the shallot until fragrant and sizzling but not brown, about 2 minutes.
2 Turn the heat to low and add the spinach, stirring gently to coat evenly with the garlic oil. Cook until just wilted and bright green. Remove skillet from the heat and allow to cool.
3 Remove the spinach and squeeze with your hands to remove all the excess liquid. Set the spinach aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, salt and pepper.
4 Stir in the basil, corn and wilted spinach, mixing until smooth. Spoon the mixture into a 12-cup ovenproof casserole dish. Top with the grape tomatoes and feta.
5 Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, until the casserole is set in the middle and just brown at the edges. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.