Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Castor beans

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Castor beans

Postby Blondie » Apr 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello fellow gardeners, I am new to this website, hoping someone can help me out.
I have attempted to start some castor bean seeds. We have planted 30 seeds in total with only 2 coming up so far. I have soaked them overnight in warm water, have them under lights, keep them moist. They have been planted since Easter weekend, any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong. We had 3 beautiful huge plants last year, and would like to expand that and give some to our friends as well!
Blondie

Postby patty » Apr 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi Blondie! Welcome to the forum! There is a discussion about castor bean seeds here on this link. Check it out. Hope it helps you.

http://www.canadiangardening.com/forum/ ... php?t=9724
patty

castor beans again,

Postby sweetnuts » Apr 18, 2008 2:19 pm

this is directed to Blondie who is struggling with the Castor Bean. I just read a post from Big Smile who soaked her beans for 4 days, planted April 5th and April 8th sprouted...so to day I am going to try once more and soak for 4 days. but we are missing something and need help step by step, from where and how they are stored for the winter, and type of soil, how deep, they seem to have 100% success so where are we going wrong....
sweetnuts

Return to Plant Talk