Plant Talk - Gardening Forums


For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.


Postby Hugh » Apr 24, 2008 9:10 am

Now you see, it now you don’t. I think my post got deleted with the server move.

It was simply where can you buy that plastic roll that commercial growers use for planting strawberries? You know the one with the holes in where you plant the plants.

I live in Quebec, Rive Sud.
User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Postby B_BQ » Apr 24, 2008 9:26 am

I don't know if I can explain this properly!
The rolls are easy to buy - from any gardening centre, or Canadian Tire, Home Depot, etc. It's usually sold as a material for suppressing weeds.
After you've rolled the material out on your growing patch, just cut an 'X' and peel the triangles back to plant the strawberry plant. The plant will then grow up through the 'X' you've made.
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
User avatar
Posts: 6853
Joined: Nov 14, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: Bay of Quinte, SE Ontario Zone 5a/b

Return to Plant Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Follow Style At Home Online



Latest Contests

more contests