Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Boxwoods - leaves turning brown

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Boxwoods - leaves turning brown

Postby Pepper » May 01, 2008 5:55 am

Hello Gardeners! I'm newly registered to the site, but have peeking in every once in awhile to read all your great tips and advice. Hopefully one day I'll be able to add some of my own...but at this point in my gardening journey, I'm still just doing a whole lot of learning! :D

I planted 2 boxwoods beside our entrance last spring and they did well all summer. They were hidden under the masses of snow we had this winter and now I see that about 25% of the leaves have browned. How concerned should I be? Is there anything I can do to stop the browning?

Pepper
Zone 5A
Pepper

Postby kelly_m » May 01, 2008 9:48 am

I don't have anything to add to Daisy's advice!!!LOL

Welcome Pepper!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Pepper » May 02, 2008 6:15 am

Thanks Daisy & Kelly! Now that's a good idea to make a cover for them - they did take a bit of a beating this past winter because a lot of the snow from the roof fell in big chunks onto them, not to mention ginormous icicles falling into them once in a while - I guess they really are hardy! I'll definitely protect them better next year - thanks!
Zone 5A
Pepper

Return to Plant Talk