Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Do you use epsom salts in the garden?

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Postby B_BQ » May 09, 2008 9:18 am

OGrubber wrote:Laf!

I CAN! MareE.

I was visualizing a huge mound of glistening salt [epsom] on the table and tomatoes, roses and peppers sitting around it hoisting tankards - much like the feasting done in days of yore.

Both visuals are excellent fodder for someone who can draw. I'd love to see a doodle of either one.

And more.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I echo Inge's sentiments. Please, someone who can draw, (MareE!), do up a couple of doodles on these last two posts!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Eeyore » May 09, 2008 11:01 am

Inge and Kat, thanks for clarifying exactly what the Epsom Salts does.
I will be more diligent about applying it this year. Peppers too eh?
I knew about the Roses and Tommytoes.

MareE & Inge - LMAO!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Lizcordysmum » May 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Peppers too? Okay. How about eggplants?

I too wanna see a doodle, NIECE!

AND, did y'all know that if you sprinkle some (depending on size of your GIRL dog) skim milk powder on daily dog food, it supposedly cuts down on yellow patches on your lawns?

AND, if your Hostas are afflicted by slugs, apply ammonia (1 part to 10 parts of water) on the bumps on the ground before they grow leaves. I used to have really chomped up leaves until bJean shared this with me.

And, Brenda Martin has been released from prison....um, correctional institute.

OH! Bananas, fully frozen, hide with black banana skins at back of fridge freezer, hidden behind boxes of phylo pastry, a few fish sticks, half bags frozen veg. many many tortillas...etc. I too forget to make banana bread more often than I make it.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Eeyore » May 10, 2008 12:49 am

MareE, peeling a frozen banana is quite simple. Allow it to thaw, break the skin at one end and slip the skin right off. I do this with all the over-ripe bananas in my house. Which reminds me, it's time for another banana bread binge. :lol:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby MareE » May 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks for frozen bananas peeling tip, Lyn. LOL The potassium hoarders are reclining suplinely beneath Rose bushes. Unpeeled. Just want to see what happens. Step One is that they thawed. ;o}

Hey! I ain't the only doodler around, folks! Everyone who read Inge's and my nonsensical to and fro have a doodle in their heads and most likely doodled in further details. laffs

MareE;o}
MareE

Previous

Return to Plant Talk