Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Mold on my Anemones HELP!!!

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Mold on my Anemones HELP!!!

Postby Venice » May 08, 2008 7:55 pm

I don't know what happend, and frankly each website I check gives me different advice. Some say put in vermeculite and gradually mist with water. Other sites say soak in water 2-4 hours first. Still others say plant in soil and water.

I just potted them up in my big tray with my other Glads and Freesia's. They're doing just fine, no problems, but on one side there's mold growing on my anemones, I took them out and rinsed them with a bit of soap. One of them was just fine, no mold, and some lil roots, so I stuck it back in.

I read one site and it sounds like mold on them is fairly common, and that they'll still bloom if it's not too bad.

So what do I do? Put them in their own pot and hope for the best? Can I soak or rinse them in something????

They are the oddest lil bulb thingy's eheh I must say. Here's a pic.'

Ven
Venice

Postby Venice » May 08, 2008 7:56 pm

ohhh I saw a lil bit yesterday so I sprayed some of my 'no damp' on it, thought it couldn't hurt. Didn't seem to help either.

Ven
Venice

Postby Ian » May 08, 2008 8:38 pm

I would sprinkle them with some garden sulphur and plant them out....the mold may just be on the surface..

Ian
Ian

Postby Venice » May 08, 2008 9:23 pm

hmmm I don't have any garden sulfer. What else can I use? or should I wait til I get it.

So for tonight should I put them in some soil, or just the soil-less stuff or some damp/dry nesting ceder????

Ven
Venice

Postby Ian » May 08, 2008 9:30 pm

You can purchase garden sulphur at any garden store or even the "Big Box stores....It is the best thing to use for fungus, mould etc. It would be well worth it.

Just put the bulbs in some soiless stuff until you get the sulphur....

Ian
Ian

Postby Venice » May 08, 2008 9:31 pm

ok thanks so much :D

Ven
Venice

Postby Venice » May 08, 2008 9:34 pm

ohhhh wait I think I have some aluminum sulfite, I use it to turn my hydrangea's blue.

Is that the same stuff? Will it work?

Ven
Venice

Postby Ian » May 08, 2008 10:50 pm

No, that will do very little to remedy the problem. Head out to your local garden store and ask for sulpher powder.

Ian
Ian

Return to Plant Talk