Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

I am cheating this year!

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

I am cheating this year!

Postby B_BQ » May 09, 2008 7:41 pm

I seem to be so overwhelmed with work, garden, house, office, that I really don't have the energy to make up my own hanging baskets, which I have always done up to this point. I was at my local supermarket, (President's Choice products), and picked up some $8.99 hanging baskets. I'm using these instead this year.

There are four of them!

~BBQ

Superfina Petunias:

Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Very nice...

Postby evepet » May 09, 2008 8:05 pm

I used to live in Trenton. Just moved up to Peterborough last August. I lived in the town houses, close to the Canadian Tire on Bay Street. Had to pass Canadian Tire Garden Center every time I went to Independent Grocery to buy anything... which I did several times a week - only a 10 minute walk away at most! You can well imagine that I never got past the CT Garden Centre without wandering into their greenhouses. LOL. I MISS it!!!!! President's Choice always had a good selection of hanging baskets - so did Canadian Tire. Don't blame you at all for going that route this year. Very pretty.
evepet

Postby Eeyore » May 10, 2008 12:58 am

For $8.99, that's definately a deal BBQ! I was pondering today, as I potted up tommytoes,whether starting stuff from seed was really worth it. CT had tomato plants for $.99 and 2" perenials and annuals for $1.49. I'm sure the seed and electrricity cost me that much.....
[/b]
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby joan w » May 10, 2008 6:03 am

Very nice Brenda and I know what you mean by it being an overwhelming time of year. My indoor chores have suffered meserably.
Image Image
joan w

Postby A Closet Canuck » May 10, 2008 8:58 am

Good for you, Brenda. Sometimes we need to make a concession to sanity, especially when we juggle so many responsibilities. Lovely basket!
Trish in Iowa -- -- ..zone 5b or 6a
------When your feet hit the floor each morning,
---------be the kind of woman about whom

---------the devil says, "[/code]Oh no! She's up!"
A Closet Canuck

Postby B_BQ » May 10, 2008 9:16 am

Just in for a quick look!
Thanks for your comments!

The iron hanging baskets mean a lot to me. My daughter bought the first one for a Mother's Day gift, way back when! I was fortunate in the next couple of years to find another three!

I was concerned that I wouldn't find a place for them all at the 'new' house, but I found the back of the garage was the perfect spot for three of them. One is on the front of the house!

I'm hoping the petunias will grow very much larger and longer, and cover the weed control cloth I lined them with! (I used to use sphagnum moss, but it was always falling out! :cry: )

~Again, thanks. Hope you all have a great weekend.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Return to Plant Talk