Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Anyone else in zone 4 or colder finding their plants slow...

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Lulu...no worries...I love looking at plants...even if they are not mine. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow so I plan on heading out to check on the progress, if any. With any luck I will have a pic or two to share as well.
Scrapinthehat

Postby savona » May 13, 2008 1:34 am

Usually it is me trailing behind everyone else looking for plants to pop up in the garden. After a slow start in April things are just growing by leaps and bounds now. this coming weekend we are finally suppose to get temps over +20..savona
savona

Postby Sheikea » May 13, 2008 9:52 am

Cries I want warmer weather.On that note never new potatoe vines were so tender.Even in the greenhouse if I don't have that heater on when I go out in the moring they are all wilty till they get warmer..LOL on a good note with some cooler weather here and there I have been able to catch up with the house work..Hehehe. :lol:
Sheikea

Postby Eeyore » May 13, 2008 11:26 am

Savona, you deserve it! Enjoy it, and Happy Birthday. Hope over to OTGF, there is a thread there for you!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Good news!!! Most of my plants are showing signs of growth...sometimes it is only a couple milliimetres worth...but I'll take it. A few of them seem to have disappeared completely....I think the neighborhood bunny may be to blame. Overall, things are looking much better than originally anticipated. Amazing what some rain and a few warms days can achieve.
Scrapinthehat

Postby murphy » May 13, 2008 9:20 pm

what the heck is that fulffy thing in the second picture...with the pink ball on top... :shock: :shock: :shock:
murphy

Postby Scrapinthehat » May 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Wow Lulu...in comparison went out to check my peonies today and could just barely see them peeking out of the ground. I didn't have anything significant to take a pic of. I just might have some daffs and tulips in a week or so...better late than never. :? Thanks for sharing.
Scrapinthehat

Previous

Return to Plant Talk