Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

cransebill

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

cransebill

Postby motts60 » May 12, 2008 11:10 pm

I have just found some cransebill beside my house. It is a pretty yellow should I keep it and move it into the garden. Does anybody know about this plant. Will it come back.
motts60

Postby Sharon Bryson » May 13, 2008 8:50 am

I have never known a yellow cranesbill.....they are the hardy geraniums, and are usually in shades of pink, violet, fuchsia, and white.
Perhaps you have some other plant.
Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Yellow Cransesbill

Postby Caleb » May 14, 2008 9:49 am

Hi,

I honestly have not heard of a yellow variety either; however, that most definitely does not mean that it does not exist by any means.

Most of what I have heard of and know about are either white, blue, purple or pink.

I have an "Alba," a white variety myself and very much enjoy having it in my garden. It's only two years old and came through last winter great and looked really beautiful last summer.

However, I am desperately hoping that I haven't lost it to this sorry excuse for a Sping???? which we have been having - endless rain, drizzle and fog, cold temperatures, (if it gets above plus two we consider it a heat wave), freezing night time, snow, freezing rain, freezing drizzle, ice and basically anything else which is up there and can come down and particularly the sea of mud which my garden has become.

Caleb
Caleb

Postby butterfly » May 14, 2008 12:35 pm

I have yellow bleeding hearts. They are a short plant and grow like violets clumps but the flowers are like the white or red bleeding heart but a bit smaller

I didn't know there was a yellow cransbill tho

I'd love one
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

cranesbill

Postby motts60 » May 14, 2008 3:59 pm

I will try to get a picture posted this weekend for a plant i.d.
motts60

Return to Plant Talk