Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

First All Nighter

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Postby Meggylou » May 15, 2008 2:54 pm

most of my seedlings are now outside today for the first time.
some still in their peat trays have been outside and overnight for 3 nights now..doing really well!
Mind you they are covered.
I also have MGs that I took the cloches off today. They had been outside for the past 3 days with no lids on the bottles though.
Most of the other babies will come back in tonight, in fact they all will. Hubby is going to love that :lol: Since he'll be helping me carry them back upstairs to our spare room (I keep the door closed to keep the cats away)
I'm hoping by next weekend they can spend the nights outdoors with a plastic cover and get planted by the end of the month.
Meggylou

Re: Seedlings

Postby MareE » May 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Uh oh. Cries from the wilderness of all-nighter crimped-by-budget plantlets. Wish I could carry the tune. Plantlets get more exercise than the dog this time of year.

Guilty, sir officer ma'am.

Lulu, when's your wedding...I mean whoever's wedding? What fleurs will dazzle the aisle and make everyone smile?

MareE;o} could helpfully donate at least five assorted bridesmaid dresses mothballs included
MareE

Postby Lindamct » May 15, 2008 4:45 pm

:lol: Mare
Lindamct

Postby Eeyore » May 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Lulu, I hear you on the wedding and the seedlings! :lol:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby MareE » May 15, 2008 5:17 pm

AHA! Meggylou, mothers-of-brides aren't exactly like streetcars but Lyn pulled off a sensational coup last Summer for her daughter's BIG DAY. And far as I know Lyn and daughter and son-in-law and outlaws are on speaking terms to this very day. laffs

MareE not revealing source of info;o}

MareE

Ingenious greenhouse

Postby DMG » May 15, 2008 5:48 pm

I saw an ingenious version of a greenhouse the other day (when I was showing property) and it consisted of a multileveled stand (lets say 6 feet) with several shelves. It was a proper plant stand, but a bookcase could work too. Every level had plants on it, out on a deck. Lots of sun.The person encased this whole thing in a SUITBAG, clear plastic with a zipper, and the darn thing acted like a greenhouse. Talk about imagination. No moving back and forth for her, just unzip the cover,(as long as the temp is not TOO cold) I thought it was quite clever.DMG
Gardening in Zone 5
DMG

Re: Ingenious greenhouse

Postby MareE » May 15, 2008 6:46 pm

That's imaginatively resourceful for sure, DMG. A SUITBAG, for Pete's sake. Well done by your client!

MareE;o}
MareE

Postby murphy » May 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I hardly have room left for the kids shoes in my front hall...all the pots and flats of annuals...boy I am getting a bit sick of the in and out dance....it is really not being a great spring up here in Barrie...night time it is going down to three...and this evening might frost...during the day there is this sneaky cold wind that I have to hide them all from. I usually have my pots planted by now and some of the hardier annuals in the ground.....this year it looks like I might still have some annuals in the hall at night until the end of may.
murphy

PreviousNext

Return to Plant Talk