Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

First All Nighter

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Postby MareE » May 16, 2008 8:23 am

Sorry. Got names mixed up, Lulu and Meggylou. How on God's little green acres did THAT happen? As a multiple bridesmaid, brain seized up. laffs

You certainly have a colourful PLAN, Lulu. Bestest! Felt a wee faint in that your veggie garden is spending a season supporting fleurs, but will get over the dizzyness.;o} Never heard of the Lisianthus. Is it new? Are there cotyledons(sp) established?

Murphy of Barrie, has the Main Street been rejuvenated since the fire? Fond memories of Barrie. That crazy five-streeted intersection/junction.

Meggylou, I accidently forgot to bring flat of Toms indoors last nite, and I think they are officially hardened off and ready for potting into 4 inchers. Rethinking this mumbo-jumbo and will be harder on them NEXT year. LAFF

MareE;o}

MareE

Re: Lisianthus

Postby MareE » May 17, 2008 4:42 am

heh heh Nothing looks as good as gourds, Lulu. IMHO Took me four years to be successful in growing the blighters. LAFF But Patty's Lisianthus is a close second. Gawjus! Thanks for inspiring/motivating me to revisit the excellent Soup 2008 cuz now I realize Lantana somehow got shifted off the fleur wish list. So happy that Pat and Savona's and helpers' SOUP is still in the search engine for reference.

MareE;o}
Attachments
LisianthusPcdSmall.jpg
MareE

Re: Lisianthus

Postby MareE » May 17, 2008 7:24 am

Went to Search and keyed in C&Pd Lisianthus and voilà, there she be on page 3, I think it was.

Have faith in the Garden Gods, Lulu. August 23 is three months away. I'm sure you'll have your floral palette of colours blooming for the BIG DAY.

And BTW, I may gatecrash the event with like-minded accomplices. Consider yourself forewarned. LOL

MareE;o}
MareE

Previous

Return to Plant Talk