Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

omg sooo many weeds!!!!

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

omg sooo many weeds!!!!

Postby Venice » May 16, 2008 2:10 pm

Well I've spent the morning weeding my beds, and omg the more I weed the more their seems to be. hahaha I spent like 3 hours and just got the bottom two beds mostly done. *sigh* oh well......I'm thinking of paying the neighbor kids to weed the rest hahahah, too bad they're in school.

Well I'll take some pics when I'm done. I did have a friend come over with her baby and dog, so she sat in the swing and we got to chat, otherwise I'd have been really bored. And Giz and Segona kept each other busy running the yard.

Before they came over Giz wanted to nap and sleep in my lap hahha which makes weeding that much harder ahaa. So I stuck him in the swing and he laid down and was swaying in the breeze, it was so cute. poor guy he's used to sleeping all day while we work, but I'm home today, it's so awesome to have time off.

Ven
Venice

Postby murphy » May 16, 2008 10:56 pm

I don't get many weeds...the creeping jenny chokes them all out...it is my weed..spent the past three days trying to get it out of two of my front beds...but quite frankly...I am overwhelmed...I think I need some migrant workers to come in and harvest for the season for me.
murphy

Postby MareE » May 17, 2008 6:23 am

C'mon, Venice and Murphy, weedpulling is a RELAXING pastime. Weeds can be beneficial in a curseful way. LAFF! See how they're keeping your soil anchored till you get around to yanking them?

MareE;o}
MareE

Postby kelly_m » May 17, 2008 8:36 am

I couldn't agree more!!! When I need some stress releasing grunt work, I go get my weed puller thingie, get down and start yanking!!!

Mind you I'm gonna need a lot of stress!!! :roll:

Besides...the way I see it, it's free aeration for the lawn!!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby butterfly » May 17, 2008 8:52 am

I have tons of weeds but weather is not being nice to get out to do some ripping and pulling
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Venice » May 17, 2008 10:52 am

Well I don't have a weedpuller thingy. I have a steep hill which means I'm always at an angle trying to balance. It's hard to kneel or sit, and I streach and lean. And then I have a pup who tries to sit on my lap or aross the back of my calves if I'm kneeling heheheh.

Yesterday I stuck him in the swing chair as I was weeding right under it, he laid down and could still lick my arm at will, I wish I'd had my cam, he looked so cute sleeping in the swing.

There is nothing therapeutic to me about pulling out ^$%&$%#$%# weeds. All it does is make we want to invest in pesticides hahaha.

ven

Ven
Venice

Postby MareE » May 17, 2008 11:05 am

Oh NOOOO!! Ven and Gizmo, please say you didn't mean the pesticide usage threat. Let the damned weeds overtake before THAT happens! LOL

Mare
MareE

Postby Venice » May 17, 2008 11:32 am

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: BWWAAHHHAAHHAHAAA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Venice

Postby MareE » May 17, 2008 11:53 am

Okay, Gizmo. I'll back down, boy. Purty AWFUL weeds in Mom's garden, eh? Shaking a stick at them out of the question.

Jack the Lad who pisses on the weeds with not great results. It's an aim thing. wuff;o}
MareE

Postby dj_backq » May 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Trying something new this year. Bought some 20% vinegar (available at a nursery) and mixed it with a squirt of dishwashing liquids.

The weeds in my beds that I can pull I do, but the others like in my driveway I spray with this solution. On a warm sunny day, it dries them up in a few hours. It doesn't kill the root, but after a couple of applications the root starves because of the lack of light.

I also used it in my garden on weeds growing between my carrots. Pulling them can disturb the young carrots and they don't like it! I use a paint brush and paint the weeds. It has no risidual effects in the ground or on the gardener.

It's also approved for organic growers :)
Andre

If man cheats the earth, the earth will cheat man.
dj_backq

Next

Return to Plant Talk