Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

omg sooo many weeds!!!!

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Postby Melroche » May 17, 2008 5:52 pm

I don't mind weeding that much, it's the damned BLACK FLIES that I can't stand. They're soo bad at our house right now - 10 minutes and I come in with blood running down my neck - my husband ducktapes my sleeves to my arms. It really is sickening...I think I've done all I'm doing until they're gone..shouldn't be long now. I can handle the mosquitos, they don't fly in your eyes and up your nose...urggh. lol.

Mel :wink:
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. by Mahatma Gandhi.
Melroche

Postby Meggylou » May 17, 2008 6:24 pm

"black fly,
little black fly,
always a black fly wherever I go..
die with a black fly picking my boooonnes!!!
In North Ontar-i-o i-o,
in North Ontar-i-oooooo!!!!!"

I can't stand them either and when they bite me I swell up quite badly and the bite swell leaves a dark purple mark on me for at least 6 months!
Meggylou

Postby Venice » May 17, 2008 7:09 pm

good to know about the vinigar and soap thing!!!! Thanks.

OMG I'm sooo tired. I finished the weeding in all the beds. They look so nice. I should go take a picture right now before they all grow back ahhaha.

Once I get my plants in it's not so bad. I really hate the hill when I'm working in the yard. But it does display the plants nicely.

I've been out there for hours and hours. Giz was on my lap or pressed up against me most of the time ehehhe. Otherwise he was playing with the neighbors dogs or exploring through the 'outback' between our places hahaha. You can lose Giz and Rocky (chihuahua) in the neighbors weeds.

I don't know what to do about it.... I'm dreading their dandelions going to seed :cry: :cry: So far the grass is doing great. But... you never know.

Ven
Venice

Previous

Return to Plant Talk