Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

I love to garden but there is one thing I hate

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

I love to garden but there is one thing I hate

Postby Thistle Garden » May 16, 2008 4:08 pm

I know everyone here loves gardening but there must be one thing you hate.

For me it's thinning my newly sprouted veggies, try as I might to space my seeds I still put the seeds down to thick.

Oh yah!! slugs and snakes, give me the hebegeebes :D

What's your least favorite garden task?

Thistle Garden
Thistle Garden

Postby Lindamct » May 16, 2008 4:52 pm

:x Sheesh....for me it's turning over the compost!! Oh boy oh boy, there's a lot to be said about one of those rotating barrel composters! :)
Lindamct

Postby Venice » May 16, 2008 4:53 pm

I HATE WEEDING!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ven
Venice

Postby dj_backq » May 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Slugs I hate but little snakes are any organic gardener's friend!! They eat so much pest it's unbeleivable!
Andre

If man cheats the earth, the earth will cheat man.
dj_backq

Postby DonnaZn2SK » May 16, 2008 8:16 pm

I don't mind weeding that much...my husband is not permitted to do it because he will dig up everything that doesn't resemble grass or veggies. I DO, however, hate digging grass out of my flowerbeds, especially in amongst the irises.
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Hushypuppy » May 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Digging the dandelions out of my grass...I can weed, plant, dig all day...but those little yellow flowers really tick me off. The task is never ending even with a lawn company, overseeding, fertilizing etc...I hate them...
A Basset Is An Asset!
Hushypuppy

Postby murphy » May 16, 2008 10:50 pm

creeping jenny...hate it hate it hate it...and lady bells campanula...hate it hat it hate it...the are relentless...univited and it is every day and I still don't feel like I am getting ahead of it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The other thing I hate is garden hoses...please somebody invent one that does not try to kill me. :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
murphy

Postby Meggylou » May 16, 2008 11:53 pm

I second the hose motion.
I can't stand reeling them back up after a good watering. I get all wet and covered with grit and grass, blech!
I also really dislike earwigs....they just give me the willies!
And anything that will "swarm" like ants at war, aphids overunning some corn, those types of things, make me want to run the other direction and vomit. Weird response but hey I never said I was normal lol!
Meggylou

What Grinds My Gears

Postby Denise4bOnt » May 17, 2008 2:29 am

I have to say what annoys me too is garden hoses, I even went out and bought rubber hoses that isn't suppose to kink, that kinda makes it better, but putting away the garden hose and then the next day having to drag it out again, and yes it has a mind of its own for sure.

I don't understand.....they can invent cordless phones, but not hoseless garden hoses???? something to think about..... :roll:
The one who plants a tree
looks at the world through eyes
which see tomorrow, not today
Denise4bOnt

Next

Return to Plant Talk