Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Some pics of my efforts from seedlings....

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Some pics of my efforts from seedlings....

Postby evepet » May 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Just figured out how to post pictures :D so I'm practising! Here are some pics of my seedlings, some still ready for final transplant - others now transplanting into their final home for the summer on my balcony.
Attachments
IMG_0006.jpg
Snow peas, transplanted into a 10" container. I'll put a trellis in there as soon as I'm leaving them outside 24/7.
IMG_0002.jpg
Some peppers waiting on final transplant.
IMG_0005.jpg
Nasturiums, planted into a 8" planter.
evepet

Some more...

Postby evepet » May 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Some more plants ...
Attachments
IMG_0015.jpg
Here are my sweet peas which I need to get transplanted into their final home asap. They are getting leggy. The wind is hard on them.
IMG_0010.jpg
Some cukes, transplanted into a 10" container. I'm going to train them up a trellis.
IMG_0009.jpg
Bush beans (which I bought by accident... not being careful enough to realize that I needed pole beans). But here they are healthy, etc., and transplanted into their final home for the summer in a 10" container.
Last edited by evepet on May 18, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evepet

And still a couple more....

Postby evepet » May 18, 2008 2:06 pm

This is the end - I promise! :D :)
Attachments
IMG_0029.JPG
These were also from the gift basket arrangement... someone told me they are known as 'Aluminum Plant'??
IMG_0014.jpg
This is a peace lily which was recently given to me, along with a few other plants in a 'gift arrangement'. They were overcrowded, so I've transplanted them all into separate containers. They all look much healthier now, after only a week.
IMG_0004.jpg
This is the size of the sweet potatoe vine which started sprouting a couple of weeks ago. I have two more spuds which are sprouting well right now. too. I'm hoping that they'll be ok in my 'over the balcony rail' containers, with some colourful flowers.
evepet

Postby Venice » May 18, 2008 2:55 pm

wow they're doing really well!!!! I love how shiny the leaves on your lilly are wow they look fake.

I'm sad now I forgot to plant my peas....better late then never I guess.

Ven
Venice

Postby B_BQ » May 18, 2008 2:57 pm

All your plants look so healthy evepet.
Hope you have a bumper crop this year!
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Thanks!

Postby evepet » May 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Thanks Venice & BBQ. I think keeping them in the little 'mini-greenhouse' overnight really helps them. They always look really happy in the am when I first open it up. :) I'm still using the little greenhouse ...I put all the plants outside when I get up, and bring them inside at about 8pm or so and put them back in it. I know the peace lily perked up a lot after I left it in there overnight. It looked like a totally different plant!
evepet

Return to Plant Talk