Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

neighbor tree roots

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Postby murphy » May 20, 2008 9:18 pm

it would be nice if municipal law required you to be responsible for your rogue trees...but at least here in Barrie...they don't. We have a rear neighbor who has two giant unruly messy Manitoba Maples that have huge branches that hang over my yard and clog my pool..drop broken branches in my yard on my deck and in my pool. If one of these trees were to loose one of these massive branches it would destroy my deck and pool. I was told I have every right to prune them if I choose to...but the neighbor has no obligation to do so...it would cost me thousands to hire somebody to cut those trees back.
murphy

Postby Pansy » May 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Eeyore wrote:Is the floor made from those 2x3 concrete slabs you buy from Home Depot or is it actually poured?

If you are going to replace the shed I would suggest that you raise the floor up on 4x4's or something like that. Then they should be above the roots.

My thoughs were the same as Eeyore's...could the shed when

replaced be put on Deck Blocks...the ones made of concrete

this would only raise the shed about 8 to 10 "...just enough

to be above those darn roots.
Pansy
Zone 5 B
Pansy

Previous

Return to Plant Talk