Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Outdoors this weekend....Frost?

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Outdoors this weekend....Frost?

Postby drshawsie » May 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Does anyone know of a good link to check weather and likelihood of frost? Or can anyone tell me the temperature at which we can still get a frost? Sunday morning we're looking at a low of 3 degrees here in Sarnia, Ontario according to theweathernetwork website.

This is half of what I've got, the rest are still in my bay window, the tomatoes in the bay window are fully 5 feet tall now... I'm having a hard time "staking" them indoors....I want them in the garden now. :)
Attachments
DSC00550r.JPG
drshawsie

Postby drshawsie » May 23, 2008 4:09 pm

I think I found the answer to my own question, just took me a while.
Apparently on theweathernetwork website, they have a lawn/garden section that shows you frost advisories, wind, watering needs, etc. Pretty handy.
It says I shouldn't see frost this weekend, so what is the best time of day to actually plant the plants into the garden?
drshawsie

Postby Sharon Bryson » May 23, 2008 5:51 pm

what is the best time of day to actually plant the plants into the garden?

Assuming your plants are hardened off, they can be transplanted any time of day....but an overcast one is better.
Cheers
Sharon
Antigonish, NS Zone 5b

"The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its' roots in earth and manure."
- D.H. Lawrence

http://sharon-willowgardenmusings.blogspot.com/
http://www.willowgarden.net/
Sharon Bryson

Return to Plant Talk