Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

VEGGIE GARDEN PLANTED!!!!!

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

VEGGIE GARDEN PLANTED!!!!!

Postby kelly_m » May 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Let's hope it stays warm enough for everything to germinate!!! :?

It is double the size it was last year....two long rows of corn, one long of bush beans, cukes in the berms, carrots and toms....seed in there right now (Brandywines from last year), the ones I started earlier are just
germinating, so I will get a couple of plants from the nursery and have some maturing at different times!!!

I still have Peas and spinach to plant, but the will go against the garage wall...a little cooler there for both!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Pepper » May 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Nice work Kelly! You must be exhausted! Have you done corn before? I've tried it, but it never works - something (someone) always seems to yank it out before it gets a chance).

It will be fun to see an "after" picture later in the summer!

My veggies are going in tomorrow!

Pepper
Zone 5A
Pepper

Postby B_BQ » May 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi K:
Wow! I am very impressed! What a good job you're doing. You must be sleeping well after all the hard labour you're putting in every day! :)
Looking forward to 'as they happen' pics.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby evepet » May 24, 2008 9:05 pm

Looks like you had a very busy, productive day Kelly! :D
evepet

Postby DonnaZn2SK » May 25, 2008 12:44 am

It looks like you did a terrific job of preparing the planting bed. Did you get any help with weeding?

We got our potatoes in last weekend and finished planting the rest of the veggie seeds today. Now all we need is some rain...
DonnaZn2SK

Postby kelly_m » May 25, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks All!

I get soo excited when I get to plant my veggie garden...kinda like a kid in a candy store with a twoonie to spend!!

Donna...no help with weeding, but there is a local who comes around with his dilapited tractor/tiller...but then he's cut down and only does certain people. Thank Dog I am still one of them!

evepet...quite...rewarding...fun...

BBQ...yep sleeping like a baby...but not all of it is because of the gardening! :wink:

Pepper...I've never had anyone steal my corn plants before!!! Yes have done corn for what seems like forever...sometimes does amazing sometimes not so good. I am now keeping a journal so I can track the corn productivity!!!

Here's last year's garden....HA just looking at the pic, I noticed my toms (brandywine) are almost as tall as my corn!!!!

Corn did not do amazing, but it was okay...It served it's purpose as stakes for the pole beans....
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Nice Garden bed

Postby DMG » May 25, 2008 3:11 pm

I think your veggies will be happy in that well tilled plot of land! Good luck with the season weather, etc. DMG
Gardening in Zone 5
DMG

Postby joan w » May 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Looking good K. Keep us posted.
Image Image
joan w

Return to Plant Talk