Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Wisteria help

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Wisteria help

Postby Flower52 » Jun 25, 2012 8:01 pm

My three wisterias about 6 years old seem to be yellowing and the new growth dying back. No obvious signs of disease. Have never had a problem before and no changes made to pergola or location of plants. I'm puzzled and worried about them. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas?
Flower52

Re: Wisteria help

Postby B_BQ » Jun 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Sorry, can't help, but do wonder if maybe you're killing it with kindness. They hate to be pandered to and hate being fertilized! Having said that, and doing just that, I had a wisteria for about 12 years and although it grew very well it never ever bloomed. I left it behind when we moved 6+ years ago and often wonder if it ever did bloom.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: Wisteria help

Postby Flower52 » Jun 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks, however I have never fertilized them and the only thing I have done differently this year was to prune it back in late February. I did this in an effort to have it bloom however it did not this year at all. I had a few blooms last year but am now at a loss and hope I can figure it out before they die. :cry: they have always been so healthy prior to now.
Flower52

Return to Plant Talk