Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Anyone know a reliable Toronto landscaper?

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Anyone know a reliable Toronto landscaper?

Postby zenbug » Jun 29, 2012 5:08 pm

My wife and I are looking for a landscaper/gardener in the Toronto area to clean up our front yard, which is an overgrown garden (we have a new baby so we don't have much time to work on it). It's not a huge yard - maybe 30 feet by 20 feet. We're not sure what we want to do with it and we're open to suggestions.

We have contacted seven - yes, seven - landscapers, and every one of them has offered to give us a quote for the work but then just disappeared. So we have no quotes, but no one has officially told us that they don't want the work either. They just stopped communicating. It's ridiculous. Is this to be expected in this industry??

Does anyone know of a reliable landscaper/gardener who might help us out??
zenbug

Re: Anyone know a reliable Toronto landscaper?

Postby Eeyore » Jun 29, 2012 10:42 pm

If there is a school in your area that teaches landscape architecture see if you can find a student to do the work. Or contact your local gardening club and offer your yard up as a project for them. I'm sure they'd be happy to do the work for a sum.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Countryboy » Jun 30, 2012 8:58 am

There's too many people who call contractors, looking for advice and a quote, that are simply 'kicking tires'. Contractors HAVE to sort out these people, and quickly. Otherwise they would waste much valuable time meeting nice people... but not signing any contracts.

And now . . especially at this time of year . . they have NO time to waste. They are up to their ears with their regular clients. Landscaping, in the summer, is NOT a buyers market.

So... proper, or not... the onus is on u to convince them that u are serious. However u think best.

This company is from my area... abt 40 minutes north of Scarborough. They're probably as busy as everybody but u could give them a call . . . Denise & Terry.

http://www.living-landscapes.ca/
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby zenbug » Jun 30, 2012 10:52 am

Countryboy wrote:So... proper, or not... the onus is on u to convince them that u are serious. However u think best.

Haha...Okay...Thanks for the tip.
zenbug

Return to Plant Talk