Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Need help with tree ID please.

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Need help with tree ID please.

Postby Stclaisa » Aug 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi all, I need some help with a tree (or possibly shrub) ID. Unfortunately I am unable to upload the pics I took (I am think because I'm on mobile? Any thoughts?) anyways, we moved in here last year and it is only about two or three feet high. It reminds me more of a tree than shrub but there is no way to know how old it is. The leaves are dark green and quite broad. Almost like a maple but not quite. Has about four forks to a leaf. It produces yellow (almost bell like flowers) in the spring and the bark is a light to medium brown. Has anyone got any ideas? If I can figure this uploading thing out I will add some pics. Also I am in north Alberta so it would have to be a hardier tree. Thanks!
Stclaisa

Re: Need help with tree ID please.

Postby Jersm » Aug 11, 2012 11:45 am

i am not sure but as for a picture you could send it from the mobile to your email. from the email you can download to your PC then upload it on here.

unless you have ICoud, pictures from mobile are shared with the PC.
Jersm

Re: Need help with tree ID please.

Postby Ian66 » Aug 17, 2012 2:29 am

Might be a Sycamore Maple (Acer Pseudoplantu)

http://mapleleavesforever.com/sycamore.asp

Ian
Ian66

Return to Plant Talk