Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Potato dust

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Postby B_BQ » Apr 28, 2008 3:52 pm

For the first time ever we had them last year! I had a bit of Cygon left from when I had the birch borer, so used that. I haven't seen any lily beetles yet this year, but my next-door-neighbour has seen two in her garden!

I've spent a large part of today looking for Potato Dust - whatever brand I could get - but no luck!

Canadian Tire - No!
Wal Mart - No!
TSC - No!

Next stop the expensive nurseries.

Lulu: Where did you buy yours?

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Lindamct » Apr 28, 2008 4:09 pm

This is another pesticide that won't be around long, and I am thankful for that :) . Every time someone uses pesticides around our neighborhood, I always know. Dead bumble bees and young birds I find :cry: :evil:. These pesticides leach into our water table. I dug out all my Oriental and Asiatic Lilies last year, so I don't have to put up with the dreaded Lily Beetle and it's various stages! They don't bother with my various Day Lilies and Hybrids.
Lindamct

Postby mike in Ottawa » Apr 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Well so far i have tried to teach 63 of these little ^^%$# to swim this spring and none have succeeded.
Where the heck are all these coming from and so early in the season.
mike in Ottawa

Postby Lindamct » Apr 29, 2008 7:54 am

Michael, they do over Winter. Not sure what stage does but, they do multiply very quickly! Good Luck. :)
Lindamct

Previous

Return to Plant Talk