Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

Mushroom Kits for Sale

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Mushroom Kits for Sale

Postby binaatthelake » Dec 09, 2008 12:30 am

Does anyone know where I can buy a mushroom growing kit? I saw one with Portabello mushrooms in a box and it looked fun to try. I would love to know if anyone has seen one in a store rather than on line. Oh I live in Alberta so Calgary to Edmonton and all points in between. :)
Thanks
Binaatthelake
binaatthelake

Re: Mushroom Kits for Sale

Postby MareE » Jan 14, 2009 11:15 am

Live in GTA and never seen such a kit, binatthelake, but intrigued by being able to grow own mushrooms. Buttons grow incredibly fast. Have the perfect attic for such a venture. LOL Keep us posted on your findings?

And how'd you come up with your moniker? You live in a storage bin? kiddink

MareE;o} mushroom piggy
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Lulu » Jan 14, 2009 11:18 am

Years ago, I got a mushroom kit, and a vermipost kit for my young son, from Leevalley; haven't checked it out, recently, though. Might be worth a try, or, when all else fails,,google it!
Lulu

Postby MareE » Jan 14, 2009 11:42 am

It's serendipity, Lulu! Look what ad just popped up to the right? It's to do with mushroom kits but far as I could spy quickly, "local" is Texas.

Uh oh, it's poofed now but I copied the website. Check it out, binatthelake. Would youse believe I've never darkened the doors of a Lee Valley? And they put out the most droolful catalogues. sigh

Mare;o}

http://www.earthstongue.com/
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Smitty » Jan 15, 2009 12:55 am

I'm not allowed there Mare..hubby says it would be like letting a kid loose in ToysR'us :) when I needed grow lights for sunroom and Lee Valley was only place I could locate the ones I wanted DH had SIL pick them up for me :o
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby MareE » Jan 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey, who's holding the purse strings in your garden development, dear Smitty? LOL

Take DH flying with cropduster friend and if DH's face doesn't turn green, he can help you pick out garden stuff. hmmmpff

MareE;o} not certified for domestic squabbles involving nursery visits, you have to understand—heh heh
MareE

Postby orchidguy » Jan 15, 2009 11:58 pm

You can order mushroom kits from Dominion Seed House. I ordered morels (one of my favorite mushrooms) from them last year and planted them in the fall. They at one time had the button mushroom kits and the shitake mushroom impregnated logs, which only needed to be hung and watered
orchidguy

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening