Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

Ode to a life-long gardener

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Re: Ode to a life-long gardener

Postby joan w » Jan 05, 2009 7:42 pm

No plot last year Mare, I grew tomatoes and cucumbers in pots on the patio. Will do again this year.
Image Image
joan w

Postby MareE » Jan 14, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks, orchidguy. I have planted five Rose of Sharon plants (2-3 years old) in memory of friends and loved one since my Gran's 35-yr-old Mother tree was trashed by our anti-shrubs landlord in 2005, and only one R of S remains in Plotlands. It's sort of hidden in communal teensy perennial garden. The others were stolen. grrrrrr Many gruesome stories have I related over the years. LAFF

Joni-O, IF I don't return to Plotlands, I have the Tommytoe alley here and there's always interplanting veggies amongst fleurs, container growing, and a flat garage roof presents possibilities. Not exactly the customary 660 sq ft of all-day Sun enjoyed "over there" but sure as heck better than nuttin', huh? Mostly I'd miss my squash plot tho'. sniffsniff

Hope your building's patio isn't visited by that jerk who was a painintheastilbe in the fenced-in vegetable gardening plots. shudder

MareE;o}

~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby joan w » Jan 14, 2009 12:29 pm

I was surprised Mare at how well the patio pots fared last summer. The one big hullabaloo was when I put a big pot of dahlias near the back door so everyone could enjoy them. Well, someone enjoyed them so much they put them in a shopping cart and into the lobby and dropped pot, plant and all, while they were waiting for the elevator. Made a 'bit' of a mess. :wink:
Image Image
joan w

Postby MareE » Jan 16, 2009 11:20 am

OCH!! The garden raiders are running amok! The noive of them! Too bad your thief had slippery fingers and smashed your pot. Did she have the guts to clean up her mess or just make for the elevator? Did the Dahlia get returned to the patio safely?

Mare;o} ticked off at the scoundrel!!!
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Previous

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening