Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

Pest Patrol- garden invaders

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Pest Patrol- garden invaders

Postby Kaley Davy » Jan 21, 2011 9:13 am

I was very excited to pull my Canadian Gardening magazine out of my mailbox on such a cold and tiring day. I was especially excited to see your article about the top ten pests as three of these were in my gardens and invading my yard last year. The red lily beetle destroyed my lily's. The Himalayan Blackberry is literally taking over my front yard and I wish I had known that those cool looking brown bugs that my children kept finding last summer were Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs. Fortunatly, none of which were squished. My question is what can I do about them? I have gotten pretty good about checking my lily leaves everyday but I am very upset by the Blackberry bushes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you!
Kaley Davy

Re: Pest Patrol- garden invaders

Postby Eeyore » Jan 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Kayley and welcome to the CG forums! Here is an article on how to control the blackberries. YUM! I wouldn't want them all over my yard though!

http://lakewhatcom.wsu.edu/gardenkit/un ... kberry.htm
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening