Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

A big Hello/Introduction and a list of my veggies =)

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Re: A big Hello/Introduction and a list of my veggies =)

Postby Dumbo » Apr 19, 2012 11:36 pm

hehe, Sorry about that Adam.

*closes the cage*
Dumbo

Postby davefrombc » Apr 20, 2012 12:53 am

Welcome to the forum Adam.. Don't let Marc intimidate you.. Just remember the ladies like me best. I am another lover of hot peppers.
That's quite an ambitious list you have for your garden. I do hope you know if you are going to seed save your heirlooms you will have to select blossoms to isolate and hand fertilize to keep them from hybridizing with the other varieties you are growing. It's an interesting project.
Last edited by davefrombc on Apr 20, 2012 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby Dumbo » Apr 20, 2012 1:05 am

davefrombc wrote:hope you know if you are going to seed save your heirlooms you will have to select blossoms to isolate and hand fertilize to keep them from hybridizing with the other varieties you are growing. It's an interesting project.

Interesting. I didn't know this, But I'm dumb so I have an excuse. Will look into this and then pick your brain.

davefrombc wrote:Just remember the transgender ladies like me best.

I fixed your typo, Dave.
Dumbo

Postby davefrombc » Apr 20, 2012 2:22 am

I did notice one typo and corrected it .. but it wasn't about your choice in females..I don't know about any transgendered on the forum. You must be privy to info I'm not ; but I wouldn't be surprised the ladies of all persuasions like me best.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby Dumbo » Apr 20, 2012 5:10 am

Don't believe him Adam. He runs an illegal fish tank operation with an illegal power-bar.
Dave is a criminal.
Dumbo

Postby Mostly Weeds » Apr 20, 2012 8:21 am

ROFL!!

Well... I can tell you that the day I received the pepper seeds I potted them up downstairs right away. I only had about a half dozen of each variety. I considered putting gloves on to handle since I know that the seeds have a lot of the plant's heat, right? I thought, meh, it's not even 20 little seeds. I finished up, went upstairs for the night did a few things before bed. I know that I washed my hands at least twice before bed but I was lying there in the dark and I kinda rubbed my nose a lil... WHOOOOSH!! All kinds of awesome heat filled the front of my face and there I am laying in the dark with a big silly grin thinking to myself "Whoa." :lol:

As for the capsaicin tales I too have a bad one from a few years ago lol, out drinking with friends one night and we all tried a big plate of atomic wings from somewhere. I went to take a leak, got back to the table and a few minutes later (I'm sure the beer had numbed a whole lot of my senses haha) I start to feel some tickling in my pants? Cool!! Haha, no wait... thats kinda more of a burning, NOT cool!! Oh my god, the pain, I ended up on the floor with tears pouring out of my face like a little baby. So ya, now I know that even if your hands look clean you're not necessarily in the clear and you don't want to mess with your junk lol.

As for seed saving, I would love to learn more I'm trying to do as much reading as I can. I do know that I'm trying a hell of a lot of different varieties here in my yard so automatically that makes life difficult. As I understand it most of the self-pollinators like tomatoes & beans etc should be reasonably safe from cross pollination? It's the things like squash and brassicas that will get sexy with each other? I know that these hot peppers are typically seperated by huge distances by serious growers but to be totally honest they're more of an experiment so far, if I end up cross pollinating them I'm not gonna lose a lot of sleep since I'm not a going for competition heat or anything. In fact I've had only marginal success with peppers overall so we'll see if I even get fruit.

I can separate a few things in the garden by as much as 75' or so. I'll be sure to break up my squashes, pumpkins, sweet and hot peppers. Think that's enough? Recommendations?

Cheers

PS - Fellas, fellas. It's not me you need to be worried about around your ladies, it's them! *Bends down seductively to pull a few weeds* :lol: :lol: :lol:
“The average person is still under the aberrant delusion that food should be somebody else's responsibility until I'm ready to eat it.” - Joel Salatin

Veggies & Perennials 6A
Mostly Weeds

Postby Dumbo » Apr 20, 2012 8:25 am

kelly_m wrote:Welcome Adam!!! it would appear that you are Not so much a virgin!

Adam, have I warned you about Kelly yet? She eats non-virgins for breakfast...

This is a picture of Kelly taken by another forum members webcam just before he disappeared. May he rest in peace...
Kelly.gif
Real cam capture of Kelly
Kelly.gif (174.21 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
Dumbo

Postby kelly_m » Apr 20, 2012 8:34 am

HAHA!!!! Funny, Marc....Dave....Adam..... :shock:

Despite your discussions of the heat in your pants......*shaking head at men*......and who is most desirable......George Clooney still does not have competition.....

I still have the power!!!!! :twisted:

Please, Adam, I beg of you, keep your peppers to yourself!!! :lol:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Dumbo » Apr 20, 2012 8:36 am

Shrug...
*checks out his butt*
Dumbo

Postby kelly_m » Apr 20, 2012 8:50 am

So....does he pass muster?
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

PreviousNext

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening