Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

Dancing with temperatures!

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Dancing with temperatures!

Postby Heidi S » May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

I am taking some risks, but the greenhouse is too full, so out goes the onion, leek, broccoli and cauliflower seedlings. My soil is quite warm in the new raised beds, and I have lots of old bedsheets for frost protection if needed.

We are showing a +2 for Thursday night right now, at the airport, and I am at a higher elevation on the west side of the river, so could be a little colder. And we often get frosts up to the full moon in June, so a couple of weeks of danger still.

My first seeding from May 15th of radishes, butter crunch lettuce, spinach and pak choi are now showing and I am glad to be really 'gardening' again.

Meanwhile, the greenhouse is hosting 14 hanging baskets, and 6 large planters, along with the permanent residents: tomatoes, cukes and peppers. I am still looking for some eggplant seedlings, and maybe a melon. The baskets and planters will head out in another week if the weather holds. I also have assorted small potted flowers waiting to go in planters that I can't move.

Aaahh, summer is almost here...
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening