Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

What are you cooking?

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby Jersm » Jul 15, 2013 10:48 pm

I have been enjoying dward green, yellow and burgandy string beans and sugar snaps for the past week. They just started giving me beans i plantd them in early may. about ever 2-3-4 days i pick up a bunch for myself.

I also have been relying on my letus crop only for fresh letus. i go and cut a leaf off each plant if i want a salad or usually just cut some for sandwiches.

I have radishes that are just about to brown up and give me full grown seeds so i can plant some more but less this time lol... since i hardly eat any.

other plants are still growing like turnip potatos carrots parsnip. :mrgreen:
Jersm

Postby Tara » Jul 16, 2013 9:33 am

I made zucchini pizzas the other night - cut them in half, scooped out just a wee bit of flesh and spread tomato sauce, peppers and mozzerella. Popped them on the BBQ for about a half hour. Delish!

I've also been eating sugar snap peas and my beets and carrots are almost ready. Radishes have come an gone!
Tara
Site Admin

Postby siobhancurious » Aug 01, 2013 4:49 pm

I just made blender tomato sauce with my Brown Berry tomatoes and a few handfuls of herbs...and there have been lots of cucumber sandwiches!
siobhancurious

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening