Feedback - Gardening Forums

CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 6:57 pm

PLEASE read all the way through before posting replies.

This thread is for technical complaints, concerns, suggestions ONLY. If you just want to complain about the change, start a different thread. If you have something that you truly dislike, are concerned about, i.e. the background/print contrasts, or pictures being cut off, please post them here.

Just as in the question thread, Lyn and I will attempt to address what we can, but we will also make sure that these issues are brought forth to the web editor.

Please limit your comments to one...more than likely someone will address anything else on your minds. If it is not brought up after a period of time,, please feel free to add another comment.

Thanks all for your patience.

Remember this is still new and there are many many bugs yet to be ironed out.
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Re: CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS

Postby Aline in Ottawa » Jul 31, 2008 7:16 pm

Hey Kelly,

First and foremost... thanks for the start of this thread.

Yes, after a while, we all get use to something new as we did a year ago. But but but...

1. I was unable to log in with my original username - said it was too long, so had to shorten to what you see now.

2. Where are the sticky notes? Some kind of notice would have been nice (with instructions).

3. The "Post a reply" link... all good HTML pages have them at the top and bottom. The same should go with the "Log Out" link.

I know changes are good and ppl adapt. For whatever reason this site was changed, I'm sure the reason was good. That said, we will adapt... cause darn it, we love to post our gardening pics :)

My .02 Canadian cents.

Aline

PS. Sorry, I know a number of you have to take the flack, but hey, that's comes with the pay... LOL.
Aline in Ottawa

Postby dj_backq » Jul 31, 2008 7:50 pm

1. The ads and control panel worked best on top and bottom. Oon the side, it's removing 30% of the text space and cropping the pictures.

2. Page is too bright, this will be too tiring for the eyes. There's a reason why most forums have soft cream backgrounds. I think many users have also mentioned this.

3. Too much posts on one page when viewing a forum. Single posts within that list also take to much space. Takes to much time to load and makes slower PCs lag.

4. Quotes button to be able to quote users without having to manualy enter a BBCode.
Andre

If man cheats the earth, the earth will cheat man.
dj_backq

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 7:53 pm

Well if we get you 2 cents, that'll be the first pay so far!!LOL

. I was unable to log in with my original username - said it was too long, so had to shorten to what you see now.

Was that at login or Sign up??

Where are the sticky notes? Some kind of notice would have been nice (with instructions).

Agreed...but that is still one of the items to be fixed. Lyn and I have yet to be set up with Mod priveleges on this forum.

The "Post a reply" link... all good HTML pages have them at the top and bottom. The same should go with the "Log Out" link.

It would be nice to see it at the top and bottom. I have set up my page though to be descending replies so I don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top.

If you go into your profile, click on PM you will have tabs for setting up your displays, forum, profile, et al. If you go into the displays one (please forgive me my brain is almost gone and I can't come up with the correct terms right now!) you can adjust it. That way you are also not scrolling through posts you have already read.

You will have to log out and log back in in order for them to take effect.

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 7:57 pm

. Too much posts on one page when viewing a forum. Single posts within that list also take to much space. Takes to much time to load and makes slower PCs lag.

So that's my problem....It can be adjusted in your profile...options for all, one day seven days 2 weeks and so on.

Quotes button to be able to quote users without having to manualy enter a BBCode.

One of the items they are still working on.

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby dj_backq » Jul 31, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm not seeing that in my profile at all. Starts with the description, then avatar, then profile image and last information about myself.
Andre

dj_backq

Postby kelly_m » Jul 31, 2008 8:34 pm

Click on your name...it'll take you to your profile. Click on PM yourself, and that takes you to your UCP...User control panel...which I just figured out... 8) :lol:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

kelly_m

Postby dj_backq » Jul 31, 2008 8:36 pm

Sorry I missed it, it was very obvious! LOL

Hang in there Kelly!
Andre

dj_backq

Postby Aline in Ottawa » Jul 31, 2008 8:37 pm

Kelly,

Joking aside, I really do appreciate all the work you and Lyn and whoever else are doing here. Guess we need to take time and look around to see how we can customise this beast !!!

Thank you "All" for your time and patience with us :)

Now, excuse me while I go prepare my lasagna... hehehe.

Aline...
... up to .08 cents.
Kelly, your pay is on the way... LOL
Aline in Ottawa

Postby Trailblaze1 » Jul 31, 2008 8:43 pm

On my screen the print is very faint and hard to read, also very small.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Next

Return to Feedback