Feedback - Gardening Forums

Testing pic size demo....problem Houston!

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Testing pic size demo....problem Houston!

Postby carolbluebird » Aug 01, 2008 7:02 am

It is my understanding that our photos are going to be automatically resized down to fit the small dimensions of the thread space according to the web creators. Such a shame as the details will be lost to view in many of the great photos posted on this site. And, I've noticed that if I post a link to my site, instead of opening in a new window it will take you right off the site here, so that's not going to work.

What a shame if the photos posted on the site are all going to be too small to enjoy to their fullest. I've got my 24" screen here and the photos now look like a postage stamp in the middle..GAK!

Small (This is the whole photo, but you can't see the ant now on the blossom, which is why the hummer was surprised...a part of the story of the photo.)

Medium (You can barely see the ant, but the butterfly is cut in half!)

Large (my usual sized photo) You can see the ant, but now the butterfly is completely gone.
:cry:

Link to photo on site...but it will take you off this site and you'll have to backclick your way in. http://cle4toimages.zenfolio.com/p675285462/?photo=984764505
~Carol

Imago Animi Sermo Est
~Seneca
carolbluebird

Re: Testing pic size demo....problem Houston!

Postby Amigo Diane » Aug 01, 2008 7:17 am

I see what you mean,Amigo C. :shock: That is one gliche I hope is worked out. So many people have great stories to tell through their pictures.This present way, we're only getting half a story. Amigo Diane PS:I'm trying the font colours,so it may work or not.
Amigo Diane

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi
Amigo Diane

Postby bluewillow » Aug 01, 2008 7:24 am

Certainly hope this situation will be corrected Carol.

Somebody didn't do their homework prior to launching

this "upgrade". I am deeply disappointed but hoping

all will return to normal within the next few days.

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby kelly_m » Aug 01, 2008 7:43 am

Carol...another concern that needs to be listed in the concern file..er...thread...It sounds like they are working on page set up as well as auto-resizing...so hopefully we'll be able to see your pics and everyone else's in all it's glory!

K
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby morrow » Aug 01, 2008 7:51 am

If the banner on the right was placed above the forum the image size would not be an issue . It would be nice to have a reply button at the bottom of the page too .
morrow

Postby butterfly » Aug 01, 2008 10:02 am

BB

No I can't see the ant in either picture

I am even getting emails from other people saying they registered but still can't get in and post

I have to put my email addy and user name i every time I want in and to post

Pain BF
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Katherine » Aug 01, 2008 10:26 am

I have posted a comment in the feedback room about this. Its REALLY important. I can get used to just about anything, but having photo capability is what makes this place special. The administration will not let us escape advertizing, so I have asked that code be added to allow us to click on photos and resize them, It would be nice if a few other people would mosey over to this section of this massive site and put the complaints there, where people who make Decisions will see them.

kat
Kat of Confluence

Katherine

Postby carolbluebird » Aug 01, 2008 10:34 am

I'll repost the text from this in the Feedback room. For me photo sharing is one of the top enjoyment factors of this forum, but if they are going to have to be tiny then, well....well hopefully that won't be the case as the disappointment would be too much to handle.
~Carol

Imago Animi Sermo Est
~Seneca
carolbluebird

Postby Katherine » Aug 01, 2008 10:55 am

yes, well, i am glad you have done this. If the photos get cut in half all the time, or are too small to see, there is no point in posting them, and the amount of hits on the site, and potential for revenue from the advertizing will decline. Thats the argument I am using for funding to pay for the time to add code to allow us to double click on photos and resize them to see detail. I really hope they listen. Carol you may have differing opinions from mine, but I think we agree on the value of photography access on this site.

k
Kat of Confluence

Katherine

Postby bluebird » Aug 02, 2008 7:21 am

Trying....very trying.

bluebird

Next

Return to Feedback