Feedback - Gardening Forums

One thing I do like!

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

One thing I do like!

Postby Eeyore » Aug 01, 2008 11:03 pm

Have you noticed that when you post reply all the postings appear on the page below the text box?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: One thing I do like!

Postby murphy » Aug 01, 2008 11:08 pm

sorry.....I am lost...I can't figure this out at all....I don't know if I have the time or desire to figure it all out. I was really enjoying this site.....really bummed it has changed so much.
murphy

Postby dj_backq » Aug 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Wasn't this function already in the old one??
Andre

If man cheats the earth, the earth will cheat man.
dj_backq

Postby Eeyore » Aug 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Andre, my mind is a muddle... It seems to me it wasn't but maybe I'm just thinking of the PM function....
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » Aug 02, 2008 7:40 am

one other feature I like is when you are replying, and some replies at the same time it pops up with the screen that someone posted before you you may want to change your post...used that function a couple of times, but like Andre noted it's stoopidly squished...But it's a neat function.

Certainly will cut down on the SNaPS!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby B_BQ » Aug 02, 2008 8:34 am

Yes, I've noticed that pop up when replying, i.e. there has been another post, and did I want to change mine. Not too bad an idea!

Hopefully, the Post a Reply will be put at the bottom of the page. Both would be good, top and bottom, but bottom would be better, especially if there are lots of responses and you have to scroll down quite a lot. It's a bit awkward to have to then scroll back to the top of the page to post a reply.

I was also going to mention that I ALWAYS have to re-enter my email and password to reply - UNTIL THIS VERY POST! It let me in to this one without having to knock!

~B_BQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Eeyore » Aug 02, 2008 12:14 pm

I've had that happen and Butterfly reported that glitch as well. Hopefully that will get worked out along with everything else.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby bluebird » Aug 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Yes, the old format did that too, but in this one it is more obvious.

LOL...duh me. I finally figured one glitch that was my error. When I first signed up here in the new format, it wouldn't take my posting name, but that was because I was trying to sign up without RE-signing up first. (with me so far?) So I used a different version of my signing name (carolbluebird) and started that account. Then when I discovered we COULD use our original handle, I started all over again and joined again under "bluebird".

BUT....I was still receiving post notifications on my carolbluebird name and coming back under that name, which was confusing my Firefox browser who remembered me under my bluebird name..blah-blah-blah...to make a long story short, I signed back in under carolbluebird and canceled the notification for that account, logged out and then login'd under bluebird again.

BUT..now I can't find a way to add notification for this account. Can anyone tell me where it is...

Signed, Dazed & Confused bluebird
bluebird

Return to Feedback