Feedback - Gardening Forums

More space allocation for photographs please

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

More space allocation for photographs please

Postby Katherine » Aug 03, 2008 5:00 pm

While I congratulate CG in at least restoring the ability to enlarge site uploaded photographs, we still do not have the ability to load larger pixel size photographs.

The fact is, this site is a means of potentially increasing advertizing revenues. I dont have a problem with that. We are here by the grace of Canadian Gardening. However, our photographs attract potential hits on the site, and thus increase exposure to the advertizing, possibly even influencing decisions to subscribe.

Therefore I am appealing to the commercial interests of the magazine, as a subscriber, and as a photographer who often admires other photos, here and KNOW these photos increase your readership. PLEASE ....MORE SPACE SOON!
Kat of Confluence

Katherine

Re: More space allocation for photographs please

Postby Katherine » Aug 04, 2008 11:56 am

Well thats great, thanks. And thanks for responding to my request.

I am headed out to a mine in the Arctic to work on some vegetation plots out in the tundra and I would really like to be able to put pix on here that are not tiny little low resolution snapshots for people who will never see this part of Canada.

So thanks,,,
Kat of Confluence

Katherine

Postby bluebird » Aug 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Delighted to hear you are working on this Angus & Co...and on a holiday even! Kudos to you and your team.

Like Kat and other photog phans, I do hope we are able to have to option of linking from our sites again without having part of the photo appearing to be cropped off. I think a win-win for the owners of this website as we are holding the bandwidth that way at our websites?

Viewing and the generous sharing of the wonderful photography this site has to offer from its many members is an inspiration and makes Canadian Gardening forum one of the best sites on the net. I truly hope they can hold this lead without limitations.

Another note: I've noticed that when one clicks on a link, or an uploaded attached photo that instead of a new window opening, it instead takes you away from your website to view. Oftentimes I find I close the page and too late realize that I've also closed my way back to the forum...then I have to open a page, find the site and login again. Most sites allow for a second window to open while keeping the site window still available.

I leave you with a sad "half a frog"...hope I can share the whole pic one day soon! Thanks so much for your efforts to make this the best site ever.

bluebird

Postby Eeyore » Aug 04, 2008 8:24 pm

I noticed that too Carol but I thought it was just me exiting improperly.... Not that I ever do anything wrong :oops:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Feedback