Feedback - Gardening Forums

Taking a break

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: Taking a break

Postby kelly_m » Aug 09, 2008 9:48 am

Hey all, Deep Breath now.

Okay...a screw-up happened. There is a saying that computers are only as smart as those using them. Those using them are human, and human's make mistakes.

I am not blaming anyone, I am just saying that shit happens.

And it has happened. We can no longer change the way it happened. Nor can we change what is happening (although there are plenty who are working on it on our behalf). We can change what happens in the future.

This can be a positive experience, with fun and frivolity, garden questions and answers, enjoyment of other's accomplishments.

Or, we can continue to obsess on all the negative aspects of the forum, nitpick until there is nothing left but bones, and leave others feeling like there is nothing valid to there accomplishments because no one is there to truly listen.

It's our choice, and me personally, I choose to make this a positive experience. What is not working on this site has been listed in many different threads in many different rooms. We cannot expect things to change overnight especially considering the volume of items to be fixed.

Nor will it be exactly the way each individual wants it to be (again...I would love if it was back when there were only two rooms PT and Patio, but I know that ain't gonna happen).

So perhaps we can leave the complaining aside and post postive feedback, whether it is constructive criticism or plusses we have found on this site.

Kthrowing in her final 2 cents
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby jpeg » Aug 09, 2008 10:52 am

Kelly, I couldn't have said it better myself.
I have been avoiding the forum, NOT because of the new format, look, changes or bugs, BUT because of all the complaining and negative people.
The IT people are working very hard to fix things and I think it is about time that some people should stop and think about all they do for us and how we get to come together here in one place to chat. This is all done by Canadian Gardening at NO COST to use the users.
Wake up people.
Now I will get off the soap box!!!

Alma

"How you see life has a lot to do with how you look at life."
jpeg

Postby Eeyore » Aug 09, 2008 2:29 pm

I apologize, I guess I was a little harsh. Joan, I am not arguing that point at all. IMO the launch was badly handled but complaining about the same issues repeatedly isn't going to get them fixed any faster. The focus this week was on getting the accounts merged and that has happened, it took longer than expected but it is now done.

At present I'm trying to work with the team to try and get our locked out users back on board, so if you know of anyone who is locked out or if you are reading this and are locked out from other functions please try to get in touch with myself, Kelly, Angus or Dmitry. What we'll need to know is your user name, what browser you are using and what is happening when you try to post a reply or a new message.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Smitty » Aug 10, 2008 9:32 pm

trish ..you're welcome.not the most techie person in the world but if i can help.
joan.I was led to beleive that this was the place to air your feedback and thoughts be that good or bad.
hoping monday brings more changes for the better.
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby joan w » Aug 11, 2008 12:04 pm

When I think of it I have done a lot of beefing and sorry for being so annoying.

I guess my biggest beef is that
the type is so hard to read, and I can't be the only one. Come to think of it the previous forum was hard to read also. I had to use Ctrl + the mouse roller to enlarge it, and do the same here. But this forum is centre aligned so every time I change pages I lose the left margin, which, of course, is where I want to be. Should be no big problem to left align the forum.

Whoops, done it again.

Really do love you guys so please be patient with an old fart.
Image Image
joan w

Postby Eeyore » Aug 11, 2008 12:21 pm

We love you too Joan! I've been told we will will have bigger black text this week! It's on top of the priority list now!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

difficult but better

Postby Jade » Aug 11, 2008 1:36 pm

I too find the new format frustrating and less than satisfactory. At least for me the incredibly annoying ads seem to be less red and "flashing" which was a HUGE problem for me. I tried to stick with it at first, but actually had to stay off the site for several days, as the M & M flashing ad gave me a severe migraine that put me in bed with drapes closed and ice on my head. I do realize the "business" need for ad revenue, just wish it didn't dominate the page!
Jade

Previous

Return to Feedback