Feedback - Gardening Forums

Avitar won't load

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: Avitar won't load

Postby joan w » Aug 19, 2008 7:12 am

No dice Betty. Will keep on trying.
Image Image
joan w

Postby earwig » Aug 19, 2008 9:08 am

Since it wasn't working for you I figured it must have been something I did today with my computer. For once the brain cooperated and I remembered I had deleted Browser History this morning. Not my cookies - just the browsing history, the first thing on the tool menu on Explorer when you click to pop up.

So, I changed to one of "the cat", and checked - nope wouldn't change so I quickly deleted my browser history again and before my eyes, Mr.Tigger appeared in all his glory.

Only changed it in the easiest to get to, edit profile - above login.

I run IE7 so that worked for me, unless it was just that I was holding my tongue just the right way at the right moment.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Eeyore » Aug 19, 2008 9:48 am

I wish I could figure out the detours! I keep getting the error message "only GIF and JPG are allowed." Mine is a JPG and it's well within specs.... *SIGH* I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for that little blip to be ironed out.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby joan w » Aug 19, 2008 4:21 pm

No go Betty. It shows in the profile but not in the forums.
Image Image
joan w

Postby Eeyore » Aug 19, 2008 10:08 pm

I've got the same issue Joan. It's very annoying!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby skwij » Aug 19, 2008 11:26 pm

Joan and Eeyore, have you cleared the browser cache, along with the history? Also have you cleared "temporary internet files" off your harddrive?

I can't remember how to go about this, but I know it can be done.

Clearing the cache means the site HAS TO do a fresh load (rather than a "cached" reload, that's faster). That may get your avatar(s) to show?

Also, try holding down the SHIFT key while clicking the "reload" button so that you're seeing the absolute "newest" version of the page you're viewing.
skwij

Postby Eeyore » Aug 20, 2008 12:05 am

Just did all that so we'll see what happens when I re-open the page. I'll even start fresh by typing it into the browser bar.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Eeyore » Aug 20, 2008 12:11 am

Nope, completely baffled.... Where is the "reload" button that you mention?

It's too late tonight to go into the long version so I'll have a look at it again another time.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby earwig » Aug 20, 2008 6:00 am

Even though there are lots of other things that are working just grand, that is so annoying for you two.

So many different browsers, ISP's, and software programs on so many different computers that it must be hard to hit that right combination for all. Amazing how one little thing set on one thing will affects the operation of others differently.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Eeyore » Aug 20, 2008 10:25 am

Yes, it is frustrating because it just seems so silly that I should get an error message that is telling me "Some errors have been encountered:
Only JPEG and GIF pictures are allowed for your avatar." It IS a JPG and it's less than 120x120 and it's less than 12KB!
And I can't seem to unload the one that is there, I can change it to one of the defaults but I can't unload it and then in my UPC It LOOKS like it's there but it won't show up. I've tried IE6, IE7 and Firefox and everyone gives me the same problems which leads me to believe it's something silly that I have done. I've deleted all my history, all my temp files and entered the address in the browserbar to load a fresh page and still..... It's probably some stupid little setting that I don;t have set right.... It seems that there is a conflict with the information between the "Edit My Profile" under the login and the UCP information. So yes, I'm a bit frustrated BUT at least I am here and can talk. I just annoys me when I can't figure out something that shouldn't be that complicated!

Ooookay.... off my soapbox now..... :lol:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Previous

Return to Feedback