Feedback - Gardening Forums

Forums Update - Feb. 05, 2009

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: Forums Update - Feb. 05, 2009

Postby skwij » Feb 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Bowing in thanks here. Sooooo much better!

Thank you thank you thank you!

LOVING that you can jump directly to "page 3" of a thread now, rather than having to PgDown then jump. Awesome.

Font size is OK for me!

EDIT:

Just did a quick lap around, and things are all working as they should! Haven't tried uploading a picture, but that should be easy peasy.

Thanks to the dev team for making the "new" forums as they should have been right from teh changeover. Well done, and THANK YOU. Hard to go behind the scenes and tweak/fix stuff that "shouldn't" be broken to begin with. Hard to find what to fix, so WELL DONE!
skwij

Postby butterfly » Feb 07, 2009 10:08 am

I have about an inch plain white border all around the GT screen. And I dont have at the top, "jump to"

I enlarged my print but still tiny

How do I correct this?
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby Eeyore » Feb 07, 2009 12:46 pm

- "Jump to" is at the bottom of each page.
- The white border is determined by the size of your screeen.
- You might have to go and set your text size even larger
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Eeyore » Feb 07, 2009 12:54 pm

The lime green colour scheme seems to be an issue for some forum members, particularily when it is used in the fonts. I can understand the choice of green but it it possible to change the colour scheme? Possibly to this green or maybe to this?
If a colour scheme change is an option, we could do a poll to see what colours would be preferred?

Skwij, do you have to push the "page 3" button twice to jump? It seems that I do.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby MareE » Feb 07, 2009 3:56 pm

Eeyore wrote:...We can see who's online! Whoo-Hoo!

Been AWOL (not cuz was frustrated with this website, I quickly vehemenate ha!ha!) since Monday and familiarizing mesel' with new "old" template. Way da go TEAM!! Looking and functioning real nice at last!

Lyn, how do you see who's on line? Ya mean lurkseers can no longer choose to be incognito? That'd be terrible. LAFF!

MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby bluebird » Feb 08, 2009 1:45 pm

UCP to Board Preferences and then choose YES to:

Hide my online status:
Changing this setting won’t become effective until your next visit to the board.

...if you wish to cruise below the radar Marsi. For myself, I hate that "big brother is watching you" Orwellian feeling too.

And that lime green font REALLY is painful to view. Hoping they can knock it down to a nice dull green/black instead. Or perhaps it's a plot to keep us from being on the forums for too long at a time. Who me? Paranoid? nyah...lol :mrgreen:
bluebird

Postby bluewillow » Feb 08, 2009 1:48 pm

I too am finding the green tones extremely troublesome as well.

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby MareE » Feb 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Ta, Cars. Orwellian hits nail on head. haha I'll check that out. I keep this forum open for hours on end. Bad habit. Still trying to figger out why when I click on "•View your posts" I don't see mine. Minor thing. Between you, me and the stack of coffee cups, loved the old string style of posts where one could scroll thru a whole thread without flippin' pages.

Oh, and Blue O'Dale, don't you find the Kelly and Eeyore green crisp and fresh as a shamrock if the site has to be green?

Mars/Mare O';o} the old fogey
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby bluewillow » Feb 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Mare O'hill, I agree, the Kelly Green & Lyn Green ... perfect and shades of the Irish perhaps.

bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby MareE » Feb 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Trying this font colour on for size. Nope, not quite the cartoony shamrock green, but PDC, Blue O'. Cars, it seems my Board Preferences rolled over from last format so I'll quit with the bleating whinge/whining. For now. baaaa-aaaaa

Mare O'/Mars real happy we have Feedback room;o}

William Tully, are you a flyer? Intriguing avatar.
MareE

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback