Feedback - Gardening Forums

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Postby Sun Face » Apr 03, 2009 12:59 pm

I must be doing something incorrect, because I can't seem to get an avatar to stick! :roll:

I've downloaded a picture a few times, and it says it's been saved, but then it doesn't show up.
I don't think the image is too large, but I've been wrong before!! :)

Thanks for any help!

Cindy H
Hard Brown Sugar
Cindy H
Calgary, AB zone 3A
Dragonflies!
Sun Face

Re: Avatar

Postby skwij » Apr 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Cindy, this is a common problem here.

Some people have "fixed" it by renaming the file extension to .jpg rather than .JPG (uppercase). Make sure your file is the lowercase and see if that does the trick.

Also, clear your cache, so that you're not viewing a cached version of the site that doesn't have the avatar loaded.
skwij

Postby Sun Face » Apr 06, 2009 10:24 am

Thank you very much, skwij!

I will try that, and I guess it will eventually be obvious if I got it to work! :)

How interesting about the .JPG maybe needing to be in lower case letters instead... :shock:

At the very least, I'll play with it a bit more later..

Thanks again!
Cindy H
Flower Bud Vases
Cindy H
Calgary, AB zone 3A
Dragonflies!
Sun Face

Postby Eeyore » Apr 06, 2009 12:18 pm

If that doesn't work re-size it. For the avatar I believe it should be about 120 in the horizontal but it doesn't appear there is a restriction in the y direction.

Edited to say "where the heck did mine go?" :o :o
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Sun Face » May 26, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm still attempting to change my profile, but I seem to have trouble no matter what I change.
I fill in my location, and it says it's been updated, but it doesn't show up. I'll try again to clear my cache and attempt defaults, etc.
Dang. I really like this forum, but it's much more fun when you can update yourself! :D
Cindy H
Sun Faces
Cindy H
Calgary, AB zone 3A
Dragonflies!
Sun Face

Postby Eeyore » May 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Rather than trying to post your information in your profile go to User Control Panel at the top and then "Board Preferences" and "Edit Signature". That's where I put my info because it just wouldn't show up otherwise.

Regarding your avatar, how big is your photo? Sometimes just cropping it slightly works.
Also make sure you are puitting the photo path in the box that says "Upload image" and not the one that says "Description".

PS - I like the links to your website. You've got some cool stuff on there.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Sun Face » May 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks, Lyn, for the suggestions and the comment about our website...

Yes, I tried putting a small avatar in the 'upload a new image' box, and it showed my image and said "Your avatar has been uploaded! Your profile has been updated!"

Then, it doesn't show up, anyway. So I used an avatar supplied by Canadian Gardening, and it said the same thing in response, but it also didn't work....

You know how under your own avatar, you have the information which includes your zone, and also, when one clicks on your 'Eeyore' link it explains what you do and what your interests are? I can't get any of that to load, either...

All help is appreciated. :idea: I am actually sort of used to setting profiles, but I just may have to resort to only my signature in this case!

Thanks again!

Cindy H
Frogs!
Cindy H
Calgary, AB zone 3A
Dragonflies!
Sun Face

Postby Eeyore » May 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Your avatar might take a little while to show up. Try emptying your cache of cookies or logging out of CG and coming back in. That sometimes helps.

Funny thing, when I go to my Profile page I have nothing entered there but I see where it shows up if you click on it.

If you can't get anywhere contact William Tully.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Sun Face » May 27, 2009 11:51 am

Thank you for all your help, Lyn.
I think I'm going to have to get in touch with William Tully...dang. :)
C
Cindy H
Calgary, AB zone 3A
Dragonflies!
Sun Face

Return to Feedback