Feedback - Gardening Forums

A couple of issues

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

A couple of issues

Postby Eeyore » Apr 13, 2009 10:07 am

The bar ad across the top of the page covers over the "Make this my home page" and "Contact Us" Can you shift those GUI's up a bit or shrink the bar ad a bit?

The other thing is the new Shaw Pop-up ad. I've just had it pop-up in the center of the post box or thread list about 5 times in a row as I switch back and forth. Now I understand "heavy-up" campaigns but is it possible to have that ad pop up in another area of the screen so that it doesn't make it impossible to navigate the forum while it is on?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: A couple of issues

Postby williamtully » Apr 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Eeyore wrote:The bar ad across the top of the page covers over the "Make this my home page" and "Contact Us" Can you shift those GUI's up a bit or shrink the bar ad a bit?

We have been working on this issue across all the sites - it has to do with people increasing the font size in their browser. Increasing the font size moves everything around and unfortunately moves that entire section (including the search box) behind the banner ad at the top. The solution to this issue from our end is in the works, however, it is a much bigger job than expected (x4 sites). The immediate fix is to reduce your font size to 'normal' or 'medium'.
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby Eeyore » Apr 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Okay, thanks William, I'll bump it down.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby williamtully » Apr 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Eeyore wrote:Okay, thanks William, I'll bump it down.

should now be fixed, regardless of font size selected in your browser.
William Tully
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby Eeyore » Apr 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Yes it is. Thank You!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby butterfly » Apr 25, 2009 3:48 pm

I am wondering why I have pop up ads coming on my screen blocking the forum. I can;t open a post, read any or post a new one til this goes away. These pop ups stopped blocking me for a while but it is doing it all over again. There are two Thinsations and Home hardware ad

I also since 2 weeks have to sign in again putting in my email addy and password .
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby williamtully » Apr 27, 2009 8:37 am

butterfly wrote:I am wondering why I have pop up ads coming on my screen blocking the forum. I can;t open a post, read any or post a new one til this goes away. These pop ups stopped blocking me for a while but it is doing it all over again. There are two Thinsations and Home hardware ad

I will pass along your complaints about the advertisements.

butterfly wrote:I also since 2 weeks have to sign in again putting in my email addy and password .

You have to enter your email/pass - hourly? Daily? Weekly?
William Tully
---
---
williamtully

Postby Eeyore » Apr 27, 2009 9:47 am

I've found that if I've gotten into the reply and am typing I can continue typing but I can't actually see anything until the ad dispappears. I get the Shaw phone one....
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Return to Feedback