Feedback - Gardening Forums

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Postby Smitty » May 11, 2009 8:52 am

ok..where the HE double hockey sticks did the log in go off the page???? I had to go into forum and attempt to reply to post in order to sign in this morning. the whole little square in the right corner for my home and garden was gone..not there,,nadda . the contests just moved up and filled the spot...gd gremlins!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: log in

Postby Eeyore » May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Weird things were happening last night as well. The whole page looked strange. The log in box is back now.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby butterfly » Jun 09, 2009 3:54 pm

I still after all this time need to put my user name and password every time I come on the site

Thought this would have been fixed months ago but not for me.

Plus that huge ad for make over pops up every time blocking me from doing any thing til it goes away

grrrr
Cheers Butterfly

Having a place to go - is a home. Having someone to love - is a family.
Having both - is a blessing."--Donna Hedges
butterfly

Postby butterfly » Jun 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Sorry I meant Pasword and email addy I need to put in each time I come on the forum. if it once a day or 100 times a day. Need to put them in every time

it is a big pain
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby williamtully » Jun 10, 2009 10:13 am

butterfly wrote:Sorry I meant Pasword and email addy I need to put in each time I come on the forum. if it once a day or 100 times a day. Need to put them in every time
it is a big pain

I would suggest checking your browser cookie settings and make sure that cookies are enabled and are not wiped out when you close your browser. If the cookie is not accepted or retained on your system, then you will need to re-enter your username/password a lot. Also check any 'security' program settings that may be handling cookies.
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby Smitty » Jun 10, 2009 10:17 am

I use firefox and asked it to keep my log in info...have not had any log in problems for awhile. except this morning couldn't open the site at all...very busy perhaps?
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby williamtully » Jun 10, 2009 10:21 am

Smitty wrote:I use firefox and asked it to keep my log in info...have not had any log in problems for awhile. except this morning couldn't open the site at all...very busy perhaps?

I've been here since 8am EST and have not experienced any issue, and have had none reported... :shock:
William Tully
Webmaster - WebOps Toronto
Transcontinental Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario
---
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
---
williamtully

Postby Smitty » Jun 10, 2009 10:24 am

it was only for about 10 minutes William. it wasn't an error page as I've seen before. and I didn't think to save it(duh). that's why I thought perhaps it was just very busy here this morning
Smitty

Postby butterfly » Jun 10, 2009 10:34 am

williamtully wrote:
butterfly wrote:Sorry I meant Pasword and email addy I need to put in each time I come on the forum. if it once a day or 100 times a day. Need to put them in every time
it is a big pain

I would suggest checking your browser cookie settings and make sure that cookies are enabled and are not wiped out when you close your browser. If the cookie is not accepted or retained on your system, then you will need to re-enter your username/password a lot. Also check any 'security' program settings that may be handling cookies.

i don't know how to do this on a Mac William, Thanks

I use safari
Cheers Butterfly

butterfly

Postby skwij » Jun 10, 2009 10:35 pm

BF, I emailed you ages ago with the instructions on how to do this, complete with screenshots. Did you ever get that email?

Did you want me to redo it? Or could I just post in this thread to help other Macheads out, too?
skwij

Next

Return to Feedback