Feedback - Gardening Forums

3 Things

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

3 Things

Postby Lindamct » Jun 27, 2009 3:49 pm

!. Why can I not see pictures that some people post, and others I can?

2. I can not get the font color grid to open a color for me.

3. Why has my avatar size changed?

I always make sure my cache is cleared and also my cookies. Perhaps someone can correct these problems. I tend not to spend as much time on this Forum because of the ongoing problems.
Lindamct

Re: 3 Things

Postby Lindamct » Jun 27, 2009 8:54 pm

So now apparently it looks like I can't even reply to posts.....guess no body cares on keeping the upgrade going today.....looking for "William".....enjoy your weekend buddy....touch base with me early next week. Not sure why all this is happening. I do have some important info on here that I don't want to lose even though I have hard copies.
Lindamct

Postby Eeyore » Jun 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Linda, does your Edit Display options look like this? Click on the image to enlarge it.

New Picture.jpg

If not, change your settings. Did you check the PM I sent you last week about fonts and smilies?
Change those settings too if you haven't done it yet.

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer or another one?

Now, save your changes and then close Canadian Gardening right down. Go to the browser and retype the address. http://www.Canadian Gardening.com and then re-enter the forms fresh and re-save to your favorites. Hopefully that will fix some of your problems.

As for why you can see some photos and not all of them, my best guess is that for some reason your firewall is blocking certain hosting sites. I have that problem on my work computer but not on my home computer.

Try these steps and see if it helps. As far as I know right now, you are the only one with lingering problems so hopefully we can get them sorted out for you. :)
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Lindamct » Jun 28, 2009 9:34 am

"Linda, does your Edit Display options look like this? Click on the image to enlarge it."

I have nothing to click on to enlarge Lyn.

I replied to your PM last week Lyn. I received no reply from you. Those settings were right.

I use Firefox. Yes I did refresh and retype etc.

Nothing is changed.
Lindamct

Postby Eeyore » Jun 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Hmmm, seems I didn't get your PM, another gremlin. :?

On the Edit display options, in the top set of display options make sure "yes" is entered for the first 5 options. If you want to enable word censoring click that to yes too.

If that doesn't change anything I'm at a loss. I'm guessing that you computer is blocking things for one reason or another. It might be something to so with your security settings for internet or for your firewall. I'm not very familiar with either of those things. I'm going to check my internet settings and get back to you. I'll also find William's e-mail address for you.

Okay - I have my internet security set to medium-high. It's under "Tools" "Internet Options". I'm not sure what the titles will be on Firefox, but it should be similar.

I didn't find william's address in my adress book , but if you open this post

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17369

and click on his name on the right hand side you should get a page that says PM or e-mail.

In the meanwhile, I'll see if I can get Skwij on the case here. She is far more familiar with internet and firewalls than I am.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Lindamct » Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Thanks Lyn for your efforts. In Edit Display Options they are all ticked to 'yes.' My internet security settings are set to medium/high as well. Yes perhaps Skwij could assist.
Lindamct

Postby Eeyore » Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm

I've dropped her a line so hopefully she can help you get fixed up.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
Eeyore

Postby Lindamct » Jun 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks Lyn. No rush.
Lindamct

Postby skwij » Jun 28, 2009 10:52 pm

well it's taken me about 2 hours to get in here. Safari and Camino just wouldn't let me in. Keychain kept installing the wrong email/pass combo, despite deleting everything and starting again.

I'm now here in Firefox. Going to have a look around and see how this site behaves in Firefox and if pictures behave as they should, etc.

First of all, if you're using Firefox, do you have adblock, or NoScript installed? Sometimes added extensions can impede the functionality, if not set up right.
skwij

Postby Lindamct » Jun 29, 2009 8:38 am

Caroline I don't have those programs but I do have Windows Defender and Super Anti-Spyware. Defender is set to run automatically and Spyware I run once a week for Updates and A Full Scan. I have never had problems with these programs since having them for over 3 years.
Lindamct

Next

Return to Feedback